I Thought I Knew What Unconditional Love Was...

Discussions stemming from Ariel's blog posts

Postby Ariel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:59 am

Use this thread to discuss the following blog post:

Ariel
Site Admin

Re: I Thought I Knew What Unconditional Love Was...

Postby Ariel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:33 am

Just because I could at the time, I quickly calibrated the state described in the post.

This one was 550-570. The one in this post was in the 570's.

I have no idea if my numbers are valid or accurate in any way whatsoever, but they're fun to toy with. They feel like they're in the ballpark.
Ariel
Site Admin

Postby UrbanMonk » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:32 am

I didn't know you were a fan of Hawkins too! It's good to see him get some love - he might be one of the reviled teachers out there LOL!
UrbanMonk

Postby scarface » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:38 am

Thanks for sharing your experience, I loved reading it. I also calbrated it for you, and I got between 560 and 570 Loc. I still think moving into 500+ Loc, almost means like becoming enlightened. Even though I remember the "me" and identification with the I(as ego) was still there at this level, I think this flowering of the heart is the first step towards disidentification with the ego. I remember for myself the biggest confusion in this state was about Love (in general) and in Love in the romantic relationship sense (especially what to do with the preferences (looks and personality) I had).
I know a small number of people who I think to be above 500+, and those peolple almost always are
a delight to be around. I think it's because this level makes one see beyond the duality of good/bad and so on, which slains the judgmentalism and projecting ones own issues onto others.
Thanx for sharing, and good luck with the (further) disidentification (process).
bye scarface
Who or what is the authority figure, that possess volition, free will or power in you?
I couldn't find one. Just an ego thinking it possesed the above qualities, yet in all my experiences I saw it didn't have any of those qualities. Nor any other quality.
scarface

Postby Ariel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 am

scarface wrote:I remember for myself the biggest confusion in this state was about Love (in general) and in Love in the romantic relationship sense (especially what to do with the preferences (looks and personality) I had).

Yeah, no kidding!!

I've had ppl think I'm gay because I'll simply sustain eye contact with them for so long, guys included.

There's the confusion of if I'm gay or bi since there's so much love for both men and women. Fundamentally I don't feel much difference, yet it's not a romantic love at all. There's a different love that arises that is more sexual and romantic, but it seems so secondary.

Plus there is the ability to get really connected and deep with any person, and that too can be confused with romantic love.
Ariel
Site Admin

Postby Ariel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:39 am

UrbanMonk wrote:I didn't know you were a fan of Hawkins too! It's good to see him get some love - he might be one of the reviled teachers out there LOL!

lol Albert... yup yup :)
Ariel
Site Admin

Postby ~ Julie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 am

And...he's back! :D

I sort of just remembered my first 'low' after awakening and how I was wondering why I couldn't stay 'up'. I had a rather clear mind for about six months, then when thoughts were there more often, I didn't want them to be. But I soon realized that it was okay because I wasn't attached to the thoughts, they were floating by like clouds. And I also reminded myself that there are always cycles in life. A 'high' state cannot be maintained indefitely. It's okay to be low sometimes.

It does feel great to jump to a higher state though! Glad you're back there!
~ Julie

Postby ~ Julie » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:21 am

Something else that was interesting was that I seemed to lose the ability to relive the past at all, but I could still fantasize into the future, so I jumped right into that until I was driving myself crazy! Until I recognized it and let go!
~ Julie

Postby Katrina » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:36 am

Thank you for sharing your experiences, Ariel, it's wonderful that we can be so open here :) I've also felt something like that a few times before... It's way bigger than anything anyone could ever imagine and it's the most beautiful feeling ever-Love in its purest form.
I found it almost painful to read about your confusion because it brought up my own so could really feel it...I've been wandering for a while now, after going through countless ups and downs, I'm not really sure how to carry on deepening into realisation, as all techniques seem to be just the mind trying to attain something or get somewhere. Even as I type this, there's a wanting to know how do I let go, how do I surrender, how do I allow, how do just stop going round in circles, when will the conflicts between the soul and the person end ... and I recongnise these as questions are from the mind... Ultimately though, is it a choice that we make? Or is it more like actually not having a choice about anything? I don't think I know anything anymore... :huh Lol.
As you mentioned in your previous post, I've also had the sense that I have some kind of special, direct purpose in the awakening process and yet I feel like I've betrayed that somehow by focusing on the more earthly matters in my life lately, which are just taking up most of my attention...
What's a girl to do? :D
Wishing you peace,
K.
Katrina

Postby Nadia » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:00 am

Hi Ariel,

Good for you! I am so happy for you that you were so happy! :)

Hawkins is really impressive, thank you so much for posting that portion of the interview. :)

Nothing is better than unconditional love and feeling that connection with all of those around you.
Nadia

Next

Return to Blog Comments